I have an excellent network of media contacts in the UK and Ireland across a broad range of traditional and new media. I have worked on almost every genre of publishing, delivering targeted, and impactful campaigns for everyone from debut writers to established bestsellers and celebrities.
I have extensive events and touring experience with excellent contacts amongst literary festival organisers in the UK and Ireland, with bookshops nationwide and with key institutions and organisations like V&A, British Library, 5×15, Intelligence Squared.
The services I offer include:
- making book announcements
- selling extract or serial
- setting up NDAs and embargoes
- securing reviews in key publications
- placing features coverage
- setting up press interviews
- pitching for broadcast & podcast interviews
- pitching for radio readings eg R4 Book at Bedtime, R4 Book of the Week
- arranging blog tours
- organising launch parties
- setting up stock signings
- planning author tours
- accompanying authors on tour in UK and Ireland
- booking events with literary festivals
Typically, campaign work starts 4-6 months in advance of publication. After reading the manuscript, I draw up a publicity plan which gives more detail about the publicity approach, identifying key media targets and outlining a timeline of activity. I ensure excellent communications with all parties throughout the campaign, produce regular updates and round off with a full publicity report at the end of the month of publication.
- Auditing the publicity function
- Building and mentoring publicity teams
- Improving publicity systems and protocols
- Establishing publicity strategy for key authors
- Devising year-round publicity priorities for key genres
- Making recommendations for publicity spend and budget setting
- Advising on Best Practice for Author Care & Communications.
- Writing pitch documents and presenting to prospective authors and agents
- Making announcements on acquisitions and trade news
- Creating publicity plans
- Setting up and running company parties